Re: migrating from SUN one C SDK to openldap C sdk (Linux).

Far a wrote:
As part of Solaris to Linux migration, I am planning to migrate my application
that uses SUN one C SDK to openldap C sdk (Linux). I have various questions
that I need to address at the beginning. I am hoping I can get some help over
here. The questions are as follows

  * Can client use openldap C sdk (Linux) while the server is still on Sun one
    LDAP
    server.

The point of a standardized protocol like LDAP and the SDK is to allow you to talk to any server that speaks LDAP.

  * Is there a list of dos and don'ts and list of possible issues for
    migrating from SUN
    one LDAP TO openldap on Linux

I haven't seen any such list.

--