migrating from SUN one C SDK to openldap C sdk (Linux).

As part of Solaris to Linux migration, I am planning to migrate my application that uses SUN one C SDK to openldap C sdk (Linux). I have various questions that I need to address at the beginning. I am hoping I can get some help over here. The questions are as follows

  • Can client use openldap C sdk (Linux)  while the server is  still on  Sun one LDAP
    server.
  • Is there a list of dos and don'ts and list of possible issues  for migrating from  SUN
    one LDAP TO openldap on Linux
.

Regards

farhad