Re: Multi-Master OpenLDAP Replication for 3 nodes -- slapadd command failing

--On Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:01 AM -0800 fal patel <fal0patel@gmail.com> wrote:

(3)Â Where It's Failing:
=================
I first executed the following:

slapadd -v -F /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d -b bdb -l mmr.ldif

This is nonsensical. You are adding a cn=config DB. Thus you cannot use a base of "bdb". Remember that -b is the suffix you are adding (in this case, cn=config). Not the database type.

So I suppose I must create the database beforehand?

No. But the directory (/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d) must exist before slapadd will work.

I would suggest you run:

slapadd -d -1 -v -F /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d -n 0 -l mmr.ldif

So you can see exactly why it is failing. My guess is you didn't create the directory.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.