Re: Multi-Master OpenLDAP Replication for 3 nodes -- slapadd command failing

Am Thu, 27 Dec 2012 02:22:18 -0800
schrieb fal patel <fal0patel@gmail.com>:

> Oops -- forgot to enter subject-line!
>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM, fal patel <fal0patel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to accomplish Multi-Master OpenLDAP Replication for 3
> > nodes, but it's not working.
[...]
> > (1)  The slapadd command, I execute, and the error message I get:
> > sudo slapadd -l /home/ubuntu11/openldap-2.4.33/mmr_servers.ldif -f
> > /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
> > -F /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d [sudo] password for ubuntu11:
> > 50dc0b31 bdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor
> > database to enable
> > slapadd: line 1: database #1
> > (dc=ldapservice,dc=hq,dc=mycompany,dc=com) not configured to hold
> > "cn=config"; did you mean to use database #0 (cn=config)?
> > _                       2.58% eta   none elapsed            none

This error is quite clear, cn=config has to be database  number 0, that
is, the first database declaration must be cn=config.
This is probably due to including a slapd.conf file with a database
declaration.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung