Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> >> Actually the client could request that.
> >
> > The client does request that, it seems, but OpenLDAP produces an error.
> > It requests a SortKeyList control on the attribute 'cn'. But OpenLDAP
> > returns an error.
>
> No, it is not requesting it.  You can request the rule you want as part of
> the filter.  See
> <http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapcat&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.4-Release&format=html>
> for an example of a filter that specifies the matching rule in a filter.

You have lost me. The bad Outlook request is not about filtering, it's
about sorting (ordering). It is ordering that is denied by the server.
There is nothing about ordering in the link you have given.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru