Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Michael Str?der wrote:
> > "Be liberal in what you receive and conservative in what you send" is
> > a good old rule.
>
> If you change the subschema subentry you change something sent to the client.

I still don't understand what's so bad about being able to request the
ordering of the 'cn' attribute.

> I'd argue: Ask Microsoft to make it configurable.

Not that I very much like Microsoft or am trying to defend them, but
they *have* made it configurable. You can set DisableVLVBrowsing=1 and
Outlook becomes compatible with OpenLDAP. It turns off addressbook
browsing, of course, but searching still works.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru