Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Michael Str?der wrote:
>> Victor Sudakov wrote:
>>> I don't know why "SUPPORTEDCAPABILITIES" is all caps.
>>
>> Because it's not in the subschema. You have to add it there.
>
> Where could I obtain a .schema definition?
> "grep -i supportedCapabilities /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/*"
> comes up with nothing.

It's a vendor-specific attribute type defined in MS AD:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc223359%28v=prot.20%29.aspx

You might want to grab it from MS AD subschema subentry or from Samba sources.

> Outlook does show contacts from the OpenLDAP addressbook when I
> specifically search for them, so my general setup (attributes etc) seems
> to be correct. But I want it to show all the contacts before any search is
> done. The user can them pick the contacts from the list with a mouse and
> send mail to them.

Sorry, missed that part of the discussion.
Well, this is not usable at all anyway if the LDAP server contains more than a
few dozens of contacts. So that's not a viable requirement for me.

Ciao, Michael.