Re: OpenLDAP as an address book for MS Outlook

Michael Str?der wrote:
> Victor Sudakov wrote:
> > I don't know why "SUPPORTEDCAPABILITIES" is all caps.
>
> Because it's not in the subschema. You have to add it there.

Where could I obtain a .schema definition?
"grep -i supportedCapabilities /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/*"
comes up with nothing.

> > What I know is that
> > the trick did not help, Outlook still does not produce a list of addresses
> > in the addressbook.
>
> I really wonder what the problem is.
>
> Some customer users are using Outlook when querying a standard OpenLDAP
> server. No fakes in rootDSE were needed.

As I wrote in the first post, I want to have Microsoft Outlook 2007
display a list of names in the addressbook when first accessed in the
same way that it does with ActiveDirectory/Exchange.

That is, before a customer searches for anything, she should already
see a list of names. Do your customer users see that?

Outlook does show contacts from the OpenLDAP addressbook when I
specifically search for them, so my general setup (attributes etc) seems
to be correct. But I want it to show all the contacts before any search is
done. The user can them pick the contacts from the list with a mouse and
send mail to them.

I cannot find any other words to explain myself. Anyone who has ever
seen the way the Outlook addressbook works with Exchange (and does not
work this way with OpenLDAP) should probably understand me.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru