Re: ldif, a person with city and country

Am Thu, 22 Nov 2012 16:27:06 +1100
schrieb Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@barrett.com.au>:

> Hi
>
> Sorry, new member and just started using ldap (openldap). I am not
> sure whether I can ask this question here as the name of the list
> specifies "technical", if not please tell me list(s) where I can do
> so.
>
> For starters I have read the O'reilly book, I tried to figure out my
> questions using the help in the FAQ's, I searched to net ... but I am
> a little out of my depth in the moment.
>
> I am trying to get LDAP to work to help authentication in wordpress
> and moodle, with wordpress being the main part and moodle uses LDAP
> for the authentication (subscription based) and some info for each
> student from LDAP.
>
> So far I can add entries to LDAP from wordpress, I can login to
> wordpress using LDAP.
>
> I have got it to work to allow access to moodle when the correct
> username (uid) and password is found in LDAP but I want to add some
> info about each student to LDAP, one the country and the other being
> the city (and later some more).
>
> So far I can add enough information for subscribers (billing address,
> uid, telephone etc) using the standard schemas and object classes,
> but I need a little mode info for each.
> This is what I have:
>
> dn: dc=MyDomain,dc=com,dc=au
> dc: MyDomain
> objectClass: domain
>
> dn: o=Subscriptions,dc=MyDomain,dc=com,dc=au
> o: Subscriptions
> objectClass: organization
>
> dn: ou=moodle,o=Subscriptions,dc=MyDomain,dc=com,dc=au
> ou: moodle
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
>
> dn: uid=gemma, ou=moodle, o=Subscriptions, dc=MyDomain, dc=com, dc=au
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: person
> objectclass: organizationalPerson
> objectclass: inetorgPerson
> objectclass: emailPerson
> objectclass: NameViewPerson
> cn=Gemma Turtle
> sn=Turtle
> givenName=Gemma Turtle
> uid=gemma
> countryCode=AU

I presume the equals sign is a typo.

> I end up with an error "invalid structural object class chain", which
> I think means the country needs to be higher up the tree, but then I
> would have to create the tree branches for every country (for each
> person)?
>
> Subscribers will come from different countries and countless cities
> (which I haven't added yet) as this is part of the target audience.
>
> I am not sure how to structure this.
> Are there any ldif file around I can have a look that deal with
> subscriptions like this?

It is not a matter of ldif design it is a matter of object class
design. An entry may only have one structural object class chain. In
your case it is person, organizationalPerson, inetorgPerson, this
structure is valid. If the other two classes emailPerson and
nameViewPerson are declared structural as well, that would cause an
error. As this object classes are not standard track classes but
private, you may change the classes from structural to auxiliary.
An other question would be, why do you define a attribute type
countryCode while there is an attribute type countryName allready in
core schema.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung