RE: OpenLDAP - how to correct invalid cn values

I did change the names in the example to try to protect the actual names - we donât really have a James Bond working for the company!

The actual entry in LDAP did come from somebody called Steve - it was quite incisive of you to discover it had been base64 encoded. Unfortunately the PHP script was not supposed to encode the value - the cn: and gecos: should contain the unencoded value James Bond as this will match the format of all of the other valid entries in the database. I did attempt to correct the value with ldapmodify but was unsuccessful.

-----Original Message-----
From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Roman Rybalko
Sent: 29 October 2012 11:34
Cc: OpenLDAP Technical List
Subject: Re: OpenLDAP - how to correct invalid cn values

29.10.2012 14:59, Whiteman, Craig ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> # James + Bond, people, mi6.gov.uk
> dn: cn=James+sn=Bond,ou=people,dc=mi6,dc=gov,dc=uk
> sn: Bond
> givenName: James
> cn:: U3RldmUg
> gecos:: U3RldmUg
>
> As you can see, the *cn:* and *gecos:* have the invalid values - they
> should be *James Bond*.
>
> How can I correct the invalid values in the LDAP database?

That is rather strange bug (perhaps mental one), because there is no
"James", not a "Bond" but there is a "Steve", hm...
echo U3RldmUg|base64 -d
Steve
May I look at the entire database? :)

Actually cn and gecos have correct values, but encoded.
--
WBR,
Roman Rybalko

The information contained in this email is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain legally privileged or confidential
information or otherwise be exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the message from your computer. YOU MUST NOT use, disclose, copy or alter this message for any unauthorized purpose.
Neither Electricity North West Limited nor any of its subsidiaries will be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising from the alteration of the contents of this message by a third party.

Electricity North West Limited
304 Bridgewater Place, Birchwood Park
Warrington WA3 6XG, Registered in England and Wales
Registration No 02366949