Empty Strings attributes in OpenLDAP

Dear all,

Is there a way to define a string to be empty in OpenLDAP Schema? I read that RFC 2252 doesnt allow empty strings. But is there any workaround for this like a different SYNTAX or attribute type? We have a preexisting software which tries to write empty strings and it is crashing because of this.

Kind regards.

Cloudreach Limited is a limited company registered in England with registered number 06975407

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion,
and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations
will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email may be confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward
it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.