Re: UPGRADING OPENLDAP

--On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:26 AM -0400 "Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL" <john.borresen@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

Planning to upgrade our OpenLDAP from 2.4.23 to 2.4.31 shortly and just
getting my ducks in a row.

1) my current Berkeley flavor is 4.8.30

2) As stated, OpenLDAP is 2.4.23 (using slapd.d)

Looking for any "gotchas" to be on look out for.

Can I do the upgrade on top of the current directory structure, restore
the config then restart?

Am I going to need to upgrade my flavor of Berkeley?  I had originally
attempted to use Berkeley 5.2.36 but never could get it to build/compile
correctly on my platform (too many compilation errors to list).

There is no reason to upgrade your BDB version. If you use the same BDB version, then you can deploy the new binaries on top of the existing OpenLDAP DB. There are no incompatibilities at the OpenLDAP level between 2.4.23 and 2.4.31.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.