UPGRADING OPENLDAP

Planning to upgrade our OpenLDAP from 2.4.23 to 2.4.31 shortly and just getting my ducks in a row.

1) my current Berkeley flavor is 4.8.30

2) As stated, OpenLDAP is 2.4.23 (using slapd.d)

Looking for any "gotchas" to be on look out for.

Can I do the upgrade on top of the current directory structure, restore the config then restart?

Am I going to need to upgrade my flavor of Berkeley?  I had originally attempted to use Berkeley 5.2.36 but never could get it to build/compile correctly on my platform (too many compilation errors to list).

Dave Borresen

Solaris/Linux Systems Administrator

Surveillance Systems Group

MIT Lincoln Laboratory