Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.23 multi-master replication of the cn=config tree error: could not put entry file in place

--On Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:21 PM +0200 Cyril Grosjean <cgrosjean@janua.fr> wrote:

I've a sandbox environment with 2 CentOS 6.2 servers running the genuine
openldap-servers rpms, that is OpenLDAP 2.4.23 .
I've setup a multi-master replication between the servers, so that both
my data DIT (dc=....,dc=.... ) and the cn=config should be replicated.

Sounds to me like the files in the cn=config tree are owned by a user other than the user openldap is running as. I suggest you check the directory/file permissions on that server.

And if you want to have working MMR, I suggest you upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.4.31.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.