Re: Behavior change on overlay sssvlv

Le 20 avril 2012 13:09, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> a écrit :
> Clément OUDOT wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that with OpenLDAP 2.4.30, a search request with a non
>> criticical sss control on an attribute without ordering matching rule
>> returns an error:
>>
>> clement@ader:~/Programmes/openldap$ bin/ldapsearch -H
>> ldap://localhost:3389 -D ou=lsc,ou=accounts,ou=XXX -w secret -b
>> ou=people,ou=XXX -E sss=cn
>> # extended LDIF
>> #
>> # LDAPv3
>> # with server side sorting control
>> #
>>
>> # search result
>> search: 2
>> result: 18 Inappropriate matching
>> text: serverSort control: No ordering rule
>>
>> # numResponses: 1
>>

>> Before, the error was only returned if the control was set to
>> critical.
>

> Looking back thru git, I see nothing to support this statement.
>

>> This was discussed in this ITS:
>> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=6647
>>
>> Is this behavior change intentional or is this a side effect of of
>> recent commit?
>

> Please give the version number where you last saw it behaving as you
> describe. I'm not seeing it.

I tested the patch proposed in ITS 6647 (applied on 2.4.23 version):
ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/pierangelo-masarati-2010-09-14-sssvlv.1.patch

It was doing the job: returning an error only if the control was critical.

Then I see in the changelog that this ITS was fixed in the 2.4.24 release:

	Fixed slapo-sssvlv to not advertise when unused (ITS#6647)

But it seems that the real applied fix is: not declare sss control in
RootDSE when the overlay was compiled in slapd (so not as a module)
but not loaded in the configuration. Could you confirm?

> It looks to me like the current behavior is wrong; you should file an ITS.

I will do that.

Thanks,

Clément.