REL_ENG versions produce different libraries?

Hi,

I noticed that in an installation of openldap-ltb 2.4.30 the libraries are in the form:

   "libldap-2.4.so.2" etc.

However, in an installation of a pre-30 (e.g. openldap-OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4-eb3ea42.tar.gz with LTB 2.4.28 src.rpm on Centos 5.7 64bit) I see that libraries are in the form:

   "libldap-2.4-releng.so.2" etc.

I guess these differences between the (names of the) libraries of the official release and the REL_ENG are intentional. (Probably to emphasize the fact that the package is not final.)

***The Question***: What should we change so as to build the package as a normal (i.e. non-test) package?

This will allow better compatibility on the system (where the package is tested), because packages built with ldap lib dependencies expect the same ldap lib names (liblber-2.4.so.2 and libldap-2.4.so.2).

I would expect some "test" parameter in build/version.var, but I didn't see any.

An easy solution could be to edit build/version.sh to remove "-releng", but I don't think this is the best approach.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Nick