Scaling LDAP

Hi All,

First of all thks for helping me out with the issues on openLDAP.
Well today, my query is pretty generic and lot many people working on LDAP would face such an issues.

We are using openldap 2.4.26 with BDB as backend. We've installed the setup on linux machine of 64 bit with 4GB ram. Now, currently we have some 10K records in it and its working perfectly fine. Our systems is running under replication - syncrepl.

However, in near future we can foresee some million of records to turn up. So, Can any one please advise - What are the different Scaling options available with LDAP?
I need to do some research and test our cases.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav Gugnani