Re: Is putting slapd into read-only mode sufficient for backups?

--On Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:30 PM -0500 Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:

I'm sorry; I thought you were focussing on my processing of the
directory's contents (which do need review, thanks), rather than
how I prepared slapd.

Ok.  Now I now, read-only mode via the config database is not
sufficient for making backups in this manner.

Thanks for your patience...

:)

Also recall that going from 32 to 64-bit architectures may not work. Whomever wrote the idiotic policy of using vendor distributions needs to be educated. I only got 2.3.43 stable for me after applying a number of patches to it that I manually backported from RE24, and I have long since abandoned it for 2.4.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.