Re: Is putting slapd into read-only mode sufficient for backups?

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 03:48:45PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> I thought I was very clear on that in my last email.  It is not sufficient.
> You need to stop slapd and run *db_recover*, which is more exhaustive than
> db_checkpoint, if you want to go the route of backing up the BDB db.

I'm sorry; I thought you were focussing on my processing of the
directory's contents (which do need review, thanks), rather than
how I prepared slapd.

Ok.  Now I now, read-only mode via the config database is not
sufficient for making backups in this manner.

Thanks for your patience...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large