Re: DEL don't get synced

2012/2/1 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com>
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:40 PM +0100 Michael StrÃder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Nick Milas wrote:
On 1/2/2012 12:19 ÎÎ, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

Any direction on how to test the build and to check out the branch in
order to run the tests ?

Can someone provide a current source code (2.4 Branch) build as a .tgz?

Or, can someone provide directions on how we can do it from OpenLDAP git
repository? (This would be a more complex scenario.)

I'm not an git expert. But here's what I did following some git cookbooks:

$ mkdir /tmp/openldap-git
$ cd /tmp/openldap-git
$ git clone git://git.openldap.org/openldap.git
$ cd openldap

You now have a clone of the whole repository including all branches with
the default branch set to 'master'. You have to switch the active branch
to RE24.

I find this a little simpler:

git archive --format=tar
--remote=git-master.openldap.org:~git/git/openldap.git OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4

Yes, that's simpler.

Maybe the page http://www.openldap.org/software/repo.html should contain a description like this or the table in section "Useful Branches and Tags" on that page should contain links like the one posted by Marco? This could lead to more people actually testing pre-releases in the RE24 branch.

+1
Actually this has been my biggest obstacle to give a contribute to the project.
As an example, consider also that in my corp cvs/git protocols are not available through the internet. Web is the only way...

Marco

Non à forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
          Jim Morrison