Re: cn=Connection 0,cn=Connections,cn=Monitor?!?

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:45 PM +0100 Michael StrÃder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

on one platform on various servers I see strange entries in back-monitor
(see below). It's an installation of RE24 committ-id
22ee28752e3e0d2a6910a22922fc69befd78578a self-compiled on RHEL 6.2 x86_64
linked to BDB, SASL and OpenSSL shipped with RHEL.

We have two custom overlays in this setup but disabling them did not make
this monitor entries disappear.

On my local test system on openSUSE 11.4 x86_64 I don't see this.

Any idea under which condition such monitor entries can appear and where
to look in my configuration?

IIRC, Connection "0" is a special internal slapd connection, but I don't
recall for what. ;)

While searching for other problems these entries caught my attention. And I'm wondering why I see this only on a certain OS platform. So knowing what it's for would be good to narrow down the cause.

If it is showing up twice for search results, then that
would be a bug, but I can't quite tell what exactly it is you're reporting.

Yes, returning two entries with the same DN violates the data model. That's the issue. Or maybe Connection 0 should never appear at all?

But before writing an ITS I'd like to narrow down things to be able to reproduce the issue in a minimal test configuration.

Ciao, Michael.