Re: ACL Problem?

On Thursday, 2 June 2011 20:11:39 Nanoic Dalflanlun wrote:
> I'm still seeking assistance.  Something I noticed is that slapd
> appears to be ignoring the logging detail parameter regardless of
> whether I run it on Windows or CentOS.  I tried setting the detail
> level to "any" and never had anything logged.

1)The logfile directive only applies if you have started slapd with a -d
option. From slapd.conf(5):

       logfile <filename>
              Specify a file for recording debug log  messages.  By  default
              these messages only go to stderr and are not recorded anywhere
              else. Specifying a logfile copies messages to both stderr  and
              the logfile.

2)CentOS doesn't set syslog up for LDAP by default. Use something like this in
/etc/syslog.conf:

local4.*                                        -/var/log/ldap.log

Then restart syslog.

Can't help you on Windows ...

[...]

> include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/saas.schema
>
> pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
> argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
>
> logfile /var/log/openldap.log
>
> loglevel  none

Regards,
Buchan