Re: Large "dynamic" groups and performance

--On Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:48 AM -0400 Al <afrunning@gmail.com> wrote:

My environment and settings:
HP blade server, 8 cores @ 2.67Ghz, Redhat 5.3, OpenLDAP 2.4.25, Berkeley
5.1.25:

cachesize 500000

###### DB_CONFIG

set_cachesize 2 0 1
set_flags    DB_TXN_NOSYNC
set_lg_bsize 5097152
set_lg_max 50485760

You never state the size of your database (how many dns), or the disk size of your database (du -c -h *.bdb), so there is no way to tell if these settings are in any way valid.

I don't see a checkpoint setting for slapd.conf/cn=config, and I don't see an idlcachesize setting.

Also, you are definitely not using "dynamic" groups in the OpenLDAP sense of the word, although they would probably perform significantly better for you.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.