Van: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] Namens Mauricio Tavares
Verzonden: dinsdag 1 maart 2011 15:18
Aan: openldap-technical
Onderwerp: openldap does not want to write log files?

I am feeling rather confused here. I installed openldap in a
solaris10/sparc box but I do not seem to persuade it to write to a log
file. FYI, right now I am running slapd as root so permissions AFAIk
should not be the issue. FYI, syslog here is the old,
non-rsyslog/syslog-ng variety.

So, in the /etc/syslog.conf file I have:

local4.info                                     /var/log/ldap.log
local4.err                                      /var/log/ldap.log
local4.notice                                   /var/log/ldap.log

which makes me think I should be covering every possible message sent
by slapd. Now /var/log/ldap.log is created as

-rw-------   1 root     sys            0 Feb 28 16:21 ldap.log

and in the slapd.conf file I have

loglevel        11560
logfile         /var/log/slapd.log

which not only should mean slapd is blabbing a lot to the log file.
Also note I am telling it to write to /var/log/slapd.log,

-rw-------   1 root     sys            0 Mar  1 07:39 slapd.log

When I start slapd (after restarting syslog just in case), nothing is
written to those two log files. In fact, the only clue that something
happened is the data in slapd.log changed:

-rw-------   1 root     sys            0 Feb 28 16:21 ldap.log
-rw-------   1 root     sys            0 Mar  1 07:40 slapd.log

Anything I am missing here?