Re: ldapadd - no such object 32

On 19 oct. 10, at 16:34, eric wrote:

Hi I just compiled an openldap server and am working on the server as
root to add a test ldif entry.

I used MigrationTools (migration_passwd.pl) to export some users from my
/etc/passwd file which created my test.ldif file

Below is an error and below the error is the test.ldif file and
slapd.conf that I have been working with.

I receive the following error when I try to use ldapadd

***************my ERROR****************************
root@inside:/# ldapadd -H ldap://127.0.0.1 -x -D
"cn=Manager,dc=inside,dc=domain,dc=org" -f /test.ldif -w 'rtpass'
adding new entry "uid=fungi,ou=People,dc=inside,dc=domain,dc=org"
ldap_add: No such object (32)
	matched DN: dc=inside,dc=domain,dc=org
It seems you don't have the ou=People entry.

***************test.ldif file**********************
dn: uid=fungi,ou=People,dc=inside,dc=domain,dc=org
uid: fungi
cn: Fred Ungi
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}1234567891012
shadowLastChange: 14897
loginShell: /bin/false
uidNumber: 1001
gidNumber: 1002
homeDirectory: /home/fungi
gecos: Fred Ungi

Try to ldapadd a file with the following content before :
ou=People,dc=inside,dc=domain,dc=org
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: People

Regards,