Re: What attributes to authenticate (or) How to block the ldap tree for anonymous users

Hi Holger,

I'd try with the following ACLs:

access to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by anonymous auth
        by self write
        by * none

access to *
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by users read
        by * none

This way you'll be allowing unauthenticated users to log in using
their password fields and you'll restrict read access on the rest of
the base to authenticated users. The first ACL also allows users to
change their own passwords (write in the userPassword and
shadowLastChange attributes).

--
Diego Lima
http://www.diegolima.org