From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
To: Yusuf Rajah <yusuf@josephking.it>
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: openldap-2.4.23 compile configure: error: could not locate ndbclient library
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:11:14 -0700

--On August 10, 2010 10:48:27 PM +0200 Yusuf Rajah <yusuf@josephking.it>
wrote:

> Hi Quanah
>
> Thank you for taking the time to help.

[snip]

> The config.log excerpt is as follows:
>
> configure:29974: checking for NdbApi.hpp
> configure:29989: cc -E -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
> -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb
> -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndbapi conftest.c
> In file included from
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndbapi/ndb_cluster_connection.
> hpp:22,
>                  from
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndbapi/NdbApi.hpp:23,
>                  from conftest.c:119:
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndb_types.h:53:24: error:
> operator '==' has no left operand
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndb_types.h:55:24: error:
> operator '==' has no left operand
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndb_types.h:61:24: error:
> operator '==' has no left operand
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndb_types.h:65:25: error:
> operator '==' has no left operand
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndb_types.h:69:23: error:
> operator '==' has no left operand
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/storage/ndb/ndb_types.h:73:29: error:
> operator '==' has no left operand
> configure:29995: $? = 1
>
> Are the files in ../ndbapi not the ndbclient libraries configure is
> looking for?

This clearly shows two things:

(a) It found your locally installed headers
(b) There is something wrong with the header files being used, so trying to
compile anything against them throws an error.  You need to find what is
wrong with the ndb_types.h file from MySQL.  This is not an OpenLDAP issue.

--Quanah