openldap-2.4.23 compile configure: error: could not locate ndbclient library

Hi All

I have been trying to solve this for 4 days now without any luck. I have searched and tried fixes and nothing works, I am hoping some fresh minds and eyes can help me out with this.

I want to run OpenLDAP using MySQL Cluster Server with the ndb backend database. I have installed mysql-cluster-gpl-7.1.5 from source, it is working and I have migrated some data into it to test. I am trying to compile openldap-2.4.23 with support for back-NDB. I run:

./configure --enable-ndb --disable-hdb --disable-bdb --prefix=/usr/local/openldap

and eventually get:

checking for ndb_init in -lndbclient... no
configure: error: could not locate ndbclient library

I am doing this on an Ubuntu 10.04 Linux system 2.6.32-24-server SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux.

Your help would be tremendously appreciated.

Regards

Yusuf Rajah