Re: Hmm. No one seems to be able to answer my question about SSL connections

Dieter's correct (no surprise).

Your question only tangentially touches openldap - and only for getting the cert the openldap server happens to been configured to use onto clients

What you appear to be looking for might be available from openssl.

Frankly, this could written in bash using the openssl command.  No C necessary.

You /really/ should learn up ssl - openssl specifically.

Also: IIRC, you originally wanted the cert to simply be trusted OS wide.  For that, you need to distribute the cert's /signing CA cert/ to each OS - and they're all going to do it differently (I'm astonished this is still the case) - likely even between versions.

Good luck,
- chris

Chris Jacobs, Systems Administrator
Apollo Group  |  Apollo Marketing | Aptimus
2001 6th Ave Ste 3200 | Seattle, WA 98121
phone: 206.441.9100 x1245 | mobile: 206.601.3256 | fax: 206.441.9661
email: chris.jacobs@apollogrp.edu