Re: Regression failure on openldap-2.4.21 stable (test058-syncrepl-asymmetric)

--On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:24 PM +0100 Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@siriusit.co.uk> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

The point of this exit message is that this test is currently known to
fail, and failure should be ignored.

--Quanah

Okay, thanks. This was the output on our i386 build host, so I just went
to cross-check against our amd64 build host and I am also seeing some
random failures in test043, e.g.

running defines.sh
Starting producer slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
Using ldapsearch to check that producer slapd is running...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Using ldapadd to create the context prefix entries in the producer...
Starting consumer slapd on TCP/IP port 9012...
Using ldapsearch to check that consumer slapd is running...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Using ldapadd to populate the producer directory...
Waiting 7 seconds for syncrepl to receive changes...
Stopping the provider, sleeping 10 seconds and restarting it...
Using ldapsearch to check that producer slapd is running...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
ldapsearch failed (255)!
/home/build/deb/openldap/2.4.21/openldap_2.4.21.orig/tests/scripts/test04
3-delta-syncrepl: line 156: kill: (30144) - No such process

Can you reliably reproduce it using the run script?  I.e.,

./run -b <backend> -l 500 test043

Would run the test 500 times using the specified backend. Your output suggests that slapd didn't start, but you don't provide anything from the slapd.1.log in the testrun directory, so there is no saying why, or if simply the script didn't allow enough time for it to start up on your system.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc