Overlay Chain Extended Passmod Problem

Hi all,

last week  I wrote to  the list  because I have  a problem with  overlay chain.
Today  I traced  the problem.  The  configuration and  the host  are the  same.
OpenLDAP  syncrepl runs  fine over  the  weekend. But  if  I want  to change  a
password nothing happens. I can't see any packet with tcpdump from the slave to
the master. I traced slapd with loglevel=65535. The slave is openldap 2.4.21.

# Here the trace with no successfull passmod operation:
conn=1126 op=1 BIND dn="cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de" method=128
do_bind: version=3 dn="cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de" method=128
=> bdb_entry_get: ndn: "cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de"
=> bdb_entry_get: oc: "(null)", at: "(null)"
bdb_dn2entry("cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de")
=> bdb_entry_get: found entry: "cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de"
bdb_entry_get: rc=0
=> bdb_entry_get: ndn: "cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de"
=> bdb_entry_get: oc: "(null)", at: "(null)"
bdb_dn2entry("cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de")
bdb_entry_get: found entry: "cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de"
bdb_entry_get: rc=0
==> hdb_bind: dn: cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de
bdb_dn2entry("cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de")
)

# Here the trace after I restart slapd with exactly the same config
# and working passmod oepration:
conn=1000 op=1 BIND dn="cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de" method=128
do_bind: version=3 dn="cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de" method=128
=> bdb_entry_get: ndn: "cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de"
=> bdb_entry_get: oc: "(null)", at: "(null)"
bdb_dn2entry("cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de")
=> hdb_dn2id("cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de")
<= hdb_dn2id: got id=0x5
entry_decode: ""
<= entry_decode()
=> bdb_entry_get: found entry: "cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de"
bdb_entry_get: rc=0
=> bdb_entry_get: ndn: "cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de"
=> bdb_entry_get: oc: "(null)", at: "(null)"
bdb_dn2entry("cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de")
=> hdb_dn2id("ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de")
<= hdb_dn2id: got id=0x9
=> hdb_dn2id("cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de")
<= hdb_dn2id: got id=0xa
entry_decode: ""
<= entry_decode()
=> bdb_entry_get: found entry: "cn=default,ou=policies,dc=camelot,dc=de"
bdb_entry_get: rc=0
==> hdb_bind: dn: cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de
bdb_dn2entry("cn=ldapadmin,dc=camelot,dc=de")

When the  passmod operation is successfull  there are hdb_dn2id entries  in the
trace.  When the  passmod operation  ist  not successfull  the entries  doesn't
exist. What  happens, that I must  restart the slapd? The  configuration is the
same and all other  things works fine. Only the write  operations to the master
hangs. If I make  a passmod without TLS everything works fine  and I can change
the password after  I restarted the slapd  on the slave. Then I  can change the
passwords the wholy day. Tomorrow I'll  must restart slapd on the slave because
the passmod operation is not successfull.

Any ideas?

regards
Ralf Zimmermann

--