Re: OpenLDAP client configuration with CentOS 5.3

Le 01/03/2010 06:53, Cool The Breezer a écrit :
Thanks for your suggestion. But still there is some problem.
/ldapsearch -H ldap://ldap-sunnyvale.juniper.net -x -LL
ou=people,dc=jnpr,dc=net "{mail=*norton*}" sn cn mail/
/
/
/Output: version: 1/
/
/
/Operations error (1)/
/Additional information: 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In
order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on
the connection., data 0, vece/

Not sure the reason behind such errors. I think there is something
wrong, because when I am trying to login linux box using ldap
credentials, it simply closes the connection.

As it says in this error message: "a successful bind must be completed on the connection". This means you must authenticate to the LDAP server in order to search in it.

Check the -D and -w/-W options in the ldapsearch(1) man page. You'll need a valid account in your LDAP server and it's password.

Jonathan
Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net
Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) - http://lsc-project.org