Re: Help migrating an OpenLdap 1.x directory to 2.x

Diego Lima <lists@diegolima.org> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm currently working on migrating a directory that is currently running on OpenLDAP 1.x to
> OpenLDAP 2.x. Is there any online documents which detail how to convert the old schemas
> (which are on ldif format) to the format used by 2.x? I tried to google for that but I
> could not find much info on the subject. Currently the settings, acls and schemas are all
> present on ldif format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no way to transform old slapd.at.conf and slapd.oc.conf into
*.schema files. But unless you have defined private attribute types
and private object classes there are chances that the old attribute
types and objectclasses are defined a a schema file already.
With regard to the database you should try to dump the data with
ldbmcat to a file and modify the data manually.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de