Re: LDAP Monitoring CN=Monitor

----- "Andreas Andersson" <zreoxx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My name is Andreas and I want to inform you about a little project I've been working on called CN=Monitor.
> It's about monitoring and verifying directory servers with focus on open source LDAP servers. From single installed servers to large scaled deployments.
>
> Its a webbased application where you can:
> * Verify availability, compare load and performance between servers
> * Collect historical events for long term analysis (and get weekly reports by mail)
> * Verify cluster and load balancing functionality
> * Query several directories at the same time for data consistancy verification
> ... and a lot more.

Why the name CN=Monitor. Well.. a lot of the information collected and analyzed is gathered from the CN=Monitor base DN.

> Project page:
> http://cnmonitor.sourceforge.net
>
> Freshmeat:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/cnmonitor

I appreciate all feedback I can get so let me know if there are any features you are missing or other things that can improve the application.
> Replication and cache monitoring is currently only available for 389 DS. Hopefully this can be added for OpenLDAP in the future.

That looks very interesting. Will take a look.

Thanks for the info!

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.