Re: What could cause a ber_flush errno=11?

Dear Hallvard and list users,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, I have learnt much from it :-)

Dans sa grande sagesse, Hallvard B Furuseth a écrit, le 10.09.2009 15:31 :
> Oliver Henriot writes:
>> Well, first, I'd assumed that the reason "Resource temporarily
>> unavailable" meant something wasn't as smooth as it could be and,
>
> The server had some data it wanted to send, and eagerly tried to send it
> - but it's sending faster than the network can accept it, or the client
> isn't reading the responses it requested, or the network is flaky, or...
>
> I don't know exactly what leads to which errno, but the point remains is
> that this is normal and not an error.  Though as you can see from the
> above list, some of the reasons can be errors on someone's part, so if
> you are having server problems this can indicate the trouble.  Otherwise
> forget it.

I do indeed have problems with some of my ldap servers, which stop
answering from time to time, so I'm trying to narrow down the various
possible causes. Network seemed a probable candidate, so I'd added
"conns" to the loglevel. But there other possible candidates too. I'm
just finding it hard to get the right loglevel to record something
useful when the servers crash.

>> secondly, I thought "errno" was a contraction of "error number" but
>> maybe I'm wrong?
>
> errno is the name of a system variable in the C language, with that
> meaning, yes.  You've asked for detailed logging about what the server
> is doing, instead of just using the default and recommended loglevel
> (256), so that's what you are receiving.
>

> But the doc should make a clearer distinction between "debugging" log
> levels and "informational" loglevels.  I just had a "duh, users might
> not know C and errno is C" moment when I saw your guess about errno:-)

Absolutely right.

Best regards,