Re: syncrepl consumer process

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 02:51:47PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Allan Lyons wrote:
> > I'm looking at developing a simple internal app that is supposed to
> > do things based on changes to our directory.

> There was somebody working on a Python-based syncrepl client but not in
> refreshAndPersist mode. You may want to dig python-ldap-dev's mailing
> list archive and come over there.

Thanks for the pointer.  I'll see what I can find.

> You could also deploy slapo-accesslog and watch out for recent changes
> there by polling the accesslog database in small time intervals.

This actually might be the best solution.  I need to know what changed and when it changed, but I don't necessarily need it to be
real-time.  Being able to batch up bursts of changes might also be beneficial.

Each possibility has its own strengths and weaknesses that I can see.

Thanks for your help,

Allan.