Re: Adding a attribute of a new schema to an existing entry

alexander@nautae.eti.br writes:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm trying to add a attribute of a new schema to an existing entry.
>
> I've created the schema called 'owlco' (I've remove almost fields to
> concision):
[...]
> objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.1.1 NAME 'owlco'
>     DESC 'Classe utilizada pela Owl Corporation'
>     SUP inetOrgPerson
>     STRUCTURAL
>         MUST ( owlChurchNumber )
>         MAY (   owlDevotes $ owlSupernatural ) )
[...]
> So, before all that actions I've created my whole directory and now I
> have all the entries without some mandatory owlco's fields (mandatory
> not to LDAP but to my business).
>
> So, now I'm trying:
>
>     dn: uid=holykid,ou=saints,dc=clouds,dc=heaven,dc=god
>     changetype: modify
>     add: owlChurchNumber
>     owlChurchNumber: 3212
>
> And I've got:

>     ldap_modify: Object class violation (65)
>             additional info: attribute 'owlChurchNumber' not allowed
[...]

Your owlco objectclass is STRUCTURAL and there is per entry only one
structural objectclass allowed which cannot be modified. That is, if
your entries have the attribute objectclass: inetorgperson, the value
inetorgperson cannot be modified to objectclass: owlco.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/2104.html