Re: database size

Marcel Berteler wrote:
Our current database size is 7GB and we are wondering how big we can
grow until we run into LDAP / BDB constrains.

There are no constraints within any LDAP specifications. There are no constraints within the BerkeleyDB library. There are no constraints in the OpenLDAP code.

Are there others on the list that have extremely large databases? Any
pointers to ensure we can grow our DB even further without issues?

We've tested databases of over 1TB in size with over 5 billion entries. The only constraints are the size of your computing resources - disk and RAM...

--
  -- Howard Chu