Re: Need to configure openLDAP client to request authenication in LDAP version 2 format

--On Monday, June 23, 2008 11:28 AM -0400 kenglund <kenglund@sbc.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I am installing a new version of our Zope/Plone software for hosting our
web portal.  The new software is using a product called PloneLDAP, which
(I think) in turn requests authentication using openLDAP client.
openLDAP is authenticating through our mail server, which wants bind
requests in version 2 format. Modification of the mail server software to
use version 3 authentication does not seem to be an option, as (according
to my Tech guy) it is "really not LDAP", but has an "LDAP Like"
interface.  The interface requires the bind to look like this:

Either your tech guy is on crack, since LDAP v3 is the current LDAP protocol version, and has been for many years, or you have a misunderstanding somewhere along the way of what they were saying.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc