Re: Loading the refint module globally?

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 07:08 +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Andrew Bartlett wrote:

Is the refint module synchronous or transaction based?
Asynchronous, but no transaction. It does its best to preserve integrity, but in case of failure errors are just logged and do not alter the result of the add operation.

OK. I really need it to be synchronous, within a transaction. If the linked DN is invalid, then I need the whole operation to have never happened. I test certain invalid operations in this test script, which is probably why we end up here.

I'm beginning to suspect this is in direct conflict with my first
requirement, to operate globally...

Making it (optionally) synchronous shouldn't be a big deal; making it transactional is totally another business (at least until transaction support is available, at least for internal operations).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.