Re: Loading the refint module globally?

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

Is the refint module synchronous or transaction based?

Asynchronous, but no transaction. It does its best to preserve integrity, but in case of failure errors are just logged and do not alter the result of the add operation.

I'm seeing some *very* odd effects in my test script, that could be
explained if the overlay did it's work asynchronously after returning
success to the client (for the original operation).

Things I'm seeing are:  When loaded as a per-database overlay, the
search for:

member=member=CN=ldaptestuser4,CN=ldaptestcontainer2,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com

Do you mean '(member=CN=ldaptestuser4,CN=ldaptestcontainer2,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com)' ?

fails in my test script, but succeeds if I restart slapd and search with
ldbsearch.  Just earlier in the script, cn=ldaptestcontainer is renamed
to cn=ldaptestcontainer2.

If I load the overlay globally, this entry (cn=ldaptestuser4) actually
disappears completely, including the member reference. (It shouldn't be
deleted, but perhaps one of the earlier operations triggers it).

This seems very odd - if you don't have any clues, I'll look into
running this over TCP (rather than ldapi) and get a trace.

OK. p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.