Re: Consumer bdb log explosion

--On Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:48 AM -0700 Mark.Hendricks@humboldt.edu wrote:

We are running slapd 2.3.43 (Using bdb db4-4.3.29-10.el5) with one
provider and two consumers and syncrpl (kerberos/SASL based).
Occasionally when heavy changes to the provider are made, the consumer
bdb logs go crazy and fill up the bdb volume.
When this occurs we see approximately 1 10MB file created per second
until the 14GB of free space in the volume has been exhausted, often in
around an hour.
These packages are from the Buchan Milne repo.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest you add the auto remove flag, so that unused logs are deleted.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer