Re: Syncrepl connections

My bad - I didn't notice the 'retry' parameter.  Things work fine now.

Erich Weiler wrote:
Greetings all!

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.3.28-8, and have configured a master LDAP server for our environment, works great. I then configured a slave server that stays in sync using syncrepl (use refreshAndPersist), also works fine. One think I'm noticing is that is I restart slapd on the master server, it seems that the slave server stops syncing properly. i.e. if I make a change on the master, it is not sync'd to the slave. If I restart slapd on the slave it then syncs any changes that it missed from before.

Is this standard behavior? Does anyone know of a way to tell the slave to automatically try and reconnect with the master if the connection is temporarily lost?

Thanks in Advance!
Erich