Re: Syncrepl connections

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Erich Weiler wrote:

noticing is that is I restart slapd on the master server, it seems that the slave server stops syncing properly. i.e. if I make a change on the master,

Modify sysctl's such as net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time, net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl, and net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes to be more aggressive, so that TCP keepalive might detect the wedged connection.

(I'm assuming Linux based off the RPM-ish version you gave.)

Unless "-8" patches fixes for the DoS issues present in earlier 2.3 releases, you should give some serious thought to upgrading. At a minimum, read a current change log so you can at least evaluate your present exposure. Again, with your RPM-ish version, I'd look at Buchan's third party RPMs. See the list archives for copious discussion of the dangers of using vendor-supplied packages to run slapd.