From: openldap-software-bounces+jpb=entel.ca@openldap.org
[mailto:openldap-software-bounces+jpb=entel.ca@openldap.org] On Behalf Of
Simon Renshaw
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:02 PM
To: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Error message while starting service

Hi,

I installed OpenLDAP 2.2.29 on a Win2003 SP2 server that is already an
AD DC (so that might be the problem).

When I start the service, I get the following error message:
service-specific error 16.

If I run sc query openldap-slapd, I get:

SERVICE_NAME: openldap-slapd
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 1  STOPPED
                                (NOT_STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE,
IGNORES_SHUTDOWN))
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 1066  (0x42a)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 16  (0x10)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

It does work fine on WinXP tho. So I think there is a conflict with AD.

Is there a way to change the port that OpenLDAP uses?

If not, I'll just demote the server instead.

Thanks!
Simon