From: Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>
To: it@ramadaparkhotel.ch
Cc: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Sent: jeudi 14 septembre 2006 18 h 24 GMT+0100
Subject: Re: [OPENLDAP] Backup for bdb backend: db utils or slapcat?

it wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several questions about openldap ;
>
> I have 2 servers with Debian Sarge and slapd 2.2.23-8!

2.2.x is historical, it is no longer supported! 2.2.23 is nearly two
years old! The current release is 2.3.27, you should upgrade!

> For OpenLDAP, I'm using the "bdb backend" and I looking for informations
> about backup and recovery! I read that it was possible to use db utils or
> slpacat!

BDB backup and recovery are fully documented online!
http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/transapp/archival.html
http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/transapp/recovery.html

But it is much easier to just use slapcat!

--
   -- Howard Chu