Re: import to openldap

As I recently noted in another thread, the LDAP/X.500 data
models is not really specific to OpenLDAP Software.   In
all versions of OpenLDAP Software, the user was expected
to provide data that conformed to the LDAP/X.500 models.
In this case, the LDIF you provide don't represent a
compliant entry for addition to the directory service.
Any decent LDAP server should reject the LDIF.

It is likely that the program that generated the LDIF
never intended it to be imported directly into a
directory service.

I suggest you obtain a better understanding of the
LDAP/X.500 models, possibly by reading a good book on
the subject and, for any general LDAP/X.500 question
you might have, use a general LDAP/X.500 mailing list
to seek answers.  (See <http://www.openldap.org/lists/>http://www.openldap.org/lists/
for suggestions).

In attempting to load the LDIF data, you likely will got
a number of errors from slapd(8).  These are discussed in
the FAQ at <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=53>http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=53.
Note that the errors and these FAQ answers generally
assume the reader has a basic understanding of the
LDAP/X.500 models.  If you don't, well, see above.

- Kurt