RE: SyncRepl Problems

this may be a silly question, but are you renewing your krb5 ticket that is used for replication?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Derek T.
Yarnell
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 12:23 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: SyncRepl Problems

So I have a 2.3 setup with a provider that is the main RW copy of the
ldap and then 2 consumer RO copies.  We are a Kerberos5 shop so we use
GSSAPI/SASL for the SyncRepl connection.  The first time I sync it will
work fine, or if I stop and restart slapd it will work.  But after a
period of time which I don't know what is yet, it will no longer
continue SyncRepling.  I have seen the idea about the retry option,
which I have in use but that does not seem to solve the problem.

This is an up to date 2.3.11 install on all 3 (provider and consumers).

Are other people seeing any issues with GSSAPI and SyncRepl?

#### consumer slapd.conf
Syncrepl   rid=101
                provider=ldaps://galatea.umiacs.umd.edu
                interval=00:00:05:00
                type=refreshAndPersist
                updatedn="cn=slave,dc=umiacs,dc=umd,dc=edu"
                retry=5,+
                bindmethod=sasl
                saslmech=GSSAPI

binddn="uid=host/ldap1.umiacs.umd.edu,cn=umiacs.umd.edu,cn=gssapi,cn=auth"

--
---
Derek T. Yarnell

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.