Re: Replicate through an VPN ?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

> Why tear down the VPN at all, what resource cost is associated with
keeping it up all the time?

I just want the VPN to be active when needed. By this way, malicious users
can not probe our network to know about the VPN. The resource cost is not
the factor I care.

> What if a malicious user intercepts the message from the master that
signals the slave to create the VPN?

The signals from the master to slave will be authenticated to avoid this
theat.

> Why use a VPN at all, why not just use TLS?

I want to use IPSec to authencicate all packets.

So, could you show me how can I find where the "kick off replication" code
is ?
BTW, I use OpenVPN to implement the VPN.
Thank you !
Su Tam Nguyen.