Re: LDAP hangs requiring slapd stop and deleting __db.00* files

>> > What attributes do you use in all your filters?
>> > Do you see any "index_param failed (18)" errors in your ldap logs?
>> >

>> No, do not see that error.
>>

> Your log level is 1. I am not sure if you would see this type of error
> with such a log level. If you get a chance you may want to try log level
> 256, which is more verbose, just for a while as higher log level does
> impact performance.

I don't have any of these errors with loglevel at -1.

>> > I don't see any "cachesize" or "idlcachesize" directive in your
>> > slapd.conf. You should definitely set them.
>> >
>> Any default or "safe" values for it?
>>

> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1073.html
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/190.html
> http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/slapd-c
> onf-replica.html

Of these, the stanford page is the only one that provides any
information about idlcachesize.  I've implemented a 20000 size
for the IDL cache and restarted my daemon.  We'll see if that has
any effect.

Owen